The Little Big Book of Love
by Natasha Tabori Fried, Lena Tabori
Welcome Books | October 2008 | ISBN-10: 1599620529 | 352 Pages | PDF | 113 mb
The Little Big Book of Love is the most adorable, chunky, ramance-packed valentine there is. Now back in print with an updated jacket design and additional content, this anthology of love and romance is so complete, timeless, and delightful, and is designed in the beautiful and playful format of the much-loved Little Big book series. This great big resource comes in a tiny package and is chock-full of the best of everything, including:
· Stories and excerpts from novels and plays by such favorite authors as Jane Austen, e. e. cummings, D. H. Lawrence, and William Shakespeare
· Love letters of famous historical couples such as Winston and Clementine Churchill, Napoleon and Josephine, And Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning
· Love poems by such renowned poets as Lord Byron, Robert Frost, William Butler Yeats, and Maya Angelou
· Recipes for aphrodisiac menus and treats to share with the one you love--including a Forgiveness Breakfast, Chocolate Truffles, and Luscious Lemon Hearts
· Lyrics to some of the greatest love songs of our time, from Cole Porter's "I've Got You Under My Skin'' to Johnny Mercer's "Something's Gotta Give''
Lavishly illustrated with more than 200 nineteenth- and early-twentieth-century illustrations, this charming book will remind you of the simplicity, integrity, and importance of love.
About the Authors
Lena Tabori is publisher, director and founder of Welcome Books. Love is an enduring subject for Tabori, who has previously edited Kisses (Turner Publishing, 1991), and Love: A Celebration in Art and Literature with Jane Lahr (Stewart, Tabori, & Chang, 1982).
Natasha Tabori Fried is the Managing Editor at Welcome Books. She is the co-editor or editor of many of Welcome's successful Little Big Books, among them The Little Big Book of Chills and Thrills, The Little Big Book of America, The Little Big Book of Life, The Little Big Book of New York, and The Little Big Book of Birds.