Title: Collected Reworks Vol. 2
Year Of Release: 2020
Label: Warner Records
Genre: Electronic, Indie
Quality: Mp3 320 kbps
Total Time: 01:10:28
Total Size: 162 MB
1. Inhaler (Tom Vek's Wheezemix) (05:21)
2. What Went Down (Haxan Cloak Remix) (05:37)
3. Exits (Vessel Remix) (03:30)
4. Hummer (Surkin Remix) (04:19)
5. Mountain at My Gates (Jono Ma Jagwar Ma Mix) (06:41)
6. What Went Down (Bandwidth Remix) (05:10)
7. Miami (Lissvik Remix) (05:26)
8. Wash Off (KUU Remix) (06:31)
9. This Orient (Starkey Remix) (04:42)
10. Night Swimmers (Mura Masa Edit) (04:32)
11. Bad Habit (Alex Metric Remix) (08:07)
12. Miami (Tim Fuchs Remix) (feat. Flight Facilities) (06:36)
13. Spanish Sahara (Chad Valley Remix) (03:56)
From their early days hosting parties in Oxford through to the huge success of their two-part Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost album, Foals have consistently explored their interest in dance and electronica. Now the band chart the most essential remixes from their career so far as they share the new remix package Collected Reworks Vol 1.
The tracks featured on Collected Reworks, are a compilation from an eclectic range of artists who have uncovered new angles to Foals’ discography. It includes one of their earliest remixes, from Ewan Pearson who blends Balearic bliss into Olympic Airways, as well as Solumun’s huge version of Late Night, which has been viewed over 50 million times at YouTube. Another standout moment is Hot Chip’s inventive interpretation of My Number.
Another standout is Hot Since 82’s brand new remix of Into The Surf. The tech house producer / DJ behind Buggin’ and Restless subverts the track from its original desolate beauty into something fresh and invigorating. The relentless driving beat maximises its energy throughout its eight minute duration, while its progressive leanings are given some unexpected throwback flavour with ‘80s style sax.